Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Routine? Maybe?!?!

For the past couple of weeks, I have been stressing and trying to get Samantha on a routine similar to Natalie. Wanting to get her to nap around 1-3 just like Natalie does so that Mommy can have her alone time in the middle of the day and possibly her own nap. That is not working out like I planned.
Instead, Samantha is starting to get on her own routine for an afternoon nap. It is not the same time as Natalie's nap but they do overlap so maybe that is a good thing. She has been getting cranky around 2 or 2:30 and sleeps until 4 when I wake her up to feed her again. (yes I wake her up in the day for her to eat every 3 hours. Some people wonder why I would wake a sleeping baby, well, that's because it is daytime! At night she can sleep sleep sleep.)


Anyway, back to the nap routine. Now that I think about it, this is just want I need. I can have some alone time with Sam when Natalie first goes to sleep, then some alone time with Natalie after her nap before Sam wakes up. Plus the little bit of alone time in the middle. It sounds so perfect, right? Well at least for now that is our somewhat of a routine. But who knows in a few weeks it is bound to change completely.


This is Natalie's last full week at Ms Janet's and then she is here with me for the summer!


Scared? A little. Excited? Yes.


I love my summers with Natalie. We get to do some many fun things. Play outside, swim, the park, the library, watch movies, and just be together. It is so much fun having that time with her. Plus, it keeps me active. Otherwise, I would just be watching TV all day and maybe got outside for a little bit to get some sun. Being a teacher is truly the best mom-job. I get to hang with my girls all summer long and then when they are in school, I am too. Just perfect! Here are two pics of the girls ready for bed and playing on the floor together. They are already best friends. Samantha looks towards Natalie when she is taking. And Natalie is so sweet to her. I love hearing her adorable high pitched voice go "Hi Samantha!" It makes my heart melt every time.



No comments:

Post a Comment